13.5% | SPAIN

The purest expression of ripen Hondarrabi Zerratia grapes harvested only at the warmest summers of Biscay. An exceptionally hot 2015 summer together with a different approach from the team both...
£30.95
Availability: 6 In Stock

The purest expression of ripen Hondarrabi Zerratia grapes harvested only at the warmest summers of Biscay. An exceptionally hot 2015 summer together with a different approach from the team both at the vineyard and the winery allowed Gorka Izagirre to create Ama, an elegant, subtle and silky wine that not only awakens senses but sensibility.

Deep lemon colour, clean and bright. The golden nuances are a sign of elegance and reveal the ripeness of the wine. Medium plus intensity of flavours, very subtle, displaying white flowers and floral honey. Once the wine breath a few seconds, some gas and stony flavours show up. On the palate the wine is dry silky and round with a nice backbone of acidity. Smoky like aromas, yellow melon and toffee, English cream and lemon tree leaf. Layers on complexity will be developed along the years. A balanced and surprising wine to understand the limits of txakoli.

Ama is the latest creation of Gorka Izagirre Winery. A selection of exceptionally ripen Hondarrabi Zerratia grapes harvested the 23rd of October 2015, after the warmest summer at Biscay in many years. Ama means “mother” in Basque language and brings us back to the origin, the land, the warmth, the strength, the simplicity, the elegance and the exclusivity. A wine making you develop feelings towards and showing a new horizon for the txakoli of Biscay. A ripen, subtle and enveloping wine delivering a pleasant surprise when tasted.

From tear must, 90% was fermented in stainless steel tanks while the rest, 10% was kept in French-oak fine-grained barrels. After 2 month with its lees, both wines where blended and kept together in tanks for further 22 month.

Ama was bottled the 21st of December 2017 and a limited edition of 5160 bottles.

Key Facts

Size
75cl
Grapes
Hondarrabi Zerratia
Country
Spain
Region
Bizkaiko Txakolina
Vintage
2015
ABV %
13.5%
Organic
No
Vegan
Yes

How to get this item

24 Hours   Standard Next Day Delivery

Order by 12pm 

Mainland UK Orders over £200
FREE
Mainland UK Orders under £200
£6.95
Scottish Highlands and Isle of Wight
£14.95
Scottish Islands
£29.95
Northern Ireland and Eire
£19.95
Channel Islands exc Alderney & Sark
£49.95
Alderney & Sark
£59.95

Saturday   Saturday Delivery

Order by 12pm

Mainland UK Orders
£29.95

Saturday   Click and Collect

Order by 4pm

Collect in store next day
FREE
Just added to your wishlist:
My Wishlist
You've just added this product to the basket:
Go to basket

#title#

#price#
×