It is a beautiful purple colour which precedes the fruity expression, asserted by blackcurrant and blackberry and enhanced with a hint of roasted and spice. The attack presents a beautiful volume on the palate and then the tasting continues with a rich and fleshy structure. The finish, marked by a dense and powerful tannic structure, gives this wine length and character. It is a Tour de By characterized by fat and tannic power, which give it aging potential until at least 2030. A very great success.
- Appellation: AOP Médoc
- Terroir: gravel with alios basement. Ideally located on two well-exposed gravel ridges between the Gironde estuary and the Atlantic Ocean, the terroir benefits from an ideal microclimate which allows the noble grape varieties of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot to express themselves all their qualities.
- Age of the vines: 45 years.
- Blend: 60% Cabernet; 35% Merlot; 5% Petit Verdot.
- Aging: 12 months in French oak barrels, 1/3 new, 1/3 of 1 wine, 1/3 of 2 wines.
- Aging potential: 15 to 20 years
- Vine cultivation: tillage is traditional. The property uses natural compost.
- Vinification and aging: in the wine cellar dating from 1910, wooden and stainless steel vats equipped with automated thermoregulation are used allowing vatting for 3 to 5 weeks during alcoholic fermentation. For 12 months, the wine then ages in the aging cellar, half buried and perfectly air-conditioned, in stave oak barrels, renewed by a third each year.
Château La Tour de By 2014 is a wine that goes wonderfully with a rare duck fillet, accompanied by a pan of autumn mushrooms.
|Grapes||Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Petit Verdot|
|Suitable for Vegans||No|
|Mainland UK Orders over £150||FREE|
|Mainland UK Orders under £150||£7.95|
|Scottish Highlands and Isle of Wight||£14.95|
|Channel Islands exc Alderney & Sark||£49.95|
|Alderney & Sark||£59.95|
|Mainland UK Orders over £150||£1.95|
|Mainland UK Orders under £150||£9.95|
|Collect in store usually same/next day||FREE|